Saturday, December 7, 2013

Always A Journey…

I love the opportunity to custom make jewelry for a client. This is a green moss agate stone with a hand carved cocobollo wood pendent that is finished with an antiqued brass chain. After the shape is complete then comes the waxed finish which tones down the bright shades of oranges and reds in the wood. There are other methods of finishing the surface in order to keep the vibrant shades, but for this particular piece I thought it might be a better fit to have muted reds to balance the composition of the two beautiful materials.

Although I am venturing into the realm of jewelry, I plan to use this time to perfect the tedious skills in wood working so I may use them later on the more extravagant projects. So please stay tune…

Xo.OPhilya.

No comments:

Post a Comment